Why hello Love, Eros himself
Wont you come in and sit for awhile?
May I offer you a libation?
Some wine for seduction?
Maybe some champagne for celebration?
A tequila shot or two for regret?
Some water just to stay wet?
A little whiskey for courage?
A bit of milk to stay nourished?
An espresso to stay awake?
Or some gin to help to escape?
So Love why have you come?
Did the Lord of Chaos send you?
Or Aphrodite to attend me?
Wreaking havoc on my mind
Hoping there is enough time
But I wont miss a beat
For you seem more like Ate´
Your sister of mischief
Trying to fool me and to lure me
Into a fate too brief
Perhaps I should send you on your way
And wait again for another day
When I have time to care
And love to share
When I find your visit more sweet
In the name of Perdition and her warrior Damnation
Cursed be thy name
Your kingdom all encompassing
Also ever lasting, your will never questioned
To avoid persecution and condemnation
Though benevolent you say you are
We are left playing in your strange bazaar
You created the mortals, and The Arcane
And put them on a chess board
For your own little game
A game where the majority loses so that
No one may reign
Soulless or hellfire is what is left to us
Damnation The Arcanes only threat
The only thing they fear, certainly not us
So as we quiver in fear in our locked rooms
Knowing your wrath and waiting our eventual doom
We pray please be kind and dont take our souls
But we know you dont hear us not even the death toll
My first interview is with someone I have wanted to chronicle for a long time, the infamous Angel Daemon or @Blutengeldaemon my good friend and part of the #horror family on Twitter.
As the Encyclopaedia Britannica states : Angel and demon, demon also spelled daemon, respectively, any benevolent or malevolent spiritual being that mediates between transcendent and temporal realms. And that is how I feel about his writing, he is so in touch with his feelings and inner mind that they are a consummate example of what writing is supposed to be. Therapeutic, intriguing, thought provoking and yes, spiritual. Not in a religious sense but in a metaphysical one. On that note lets get to the questions:
- Why do you write Angel? ~ Writing has become an escape. It’s a way to vent all my anger, hate, sadness and even happiness into the characters I created. So, it’s not so much me escaping, it’s the negativity that’s escaping onto the page and into the stories. It’s free therapy.
- Why the horror genre? ~ I love all genres. Growing up I watched a lot of cartoons like most kids. But my first form of entertainment was Horror. I just loved it. Before I was 6, I had already watched 2 ‘Friday the 13th’ movies, 3 ‘Nightmare on Elm Street’ movies, ‘Evil Dead 2’, ‘House’, and ‘Fright Night’. It’s just something that I can’t really explain. The way some people love comic books, Star Wars or Star Trek, I love Horror.
- When did you start writing and what made you get into it? ~ Since I was a kid, I always loved to create works of fiction. Whether it was using figures, toys or writing. I implemented that into school work(elementary) when we had to write stories. Teacher would tell us to write a page and I’d write 10. Every time I watched a movie, horror or not, I’d get my brother’s G.I Joes and “remake” the movie I just saw. I created my own ‘Friday the 13th’ movies. I took Jason to Disney, Hollywood, the wild west and who knows where else. Even as a drug addicted teenager, I was creating stuff in my head with no idea how to display it. In the end, I got tired of saying that they should make a movie like this or that. That little voice in my head said, “Why don’t you do it?” That was the spark I needed.
- Who are some of your favorite authors or what about some of your favorite books? ~ I really don’t read that much. Growing up I read a lot of kids’ books. As a teen I read most wrestler’s autobiographies. As I got older, I became a huge fan of Edgar Allen Poe and his work. My favorite of his is Metzengerstein. It’s actually his first short story. Currently, I’m reading a lot of Ralph Waldo Emerson. Of course, the Brothers Grimm are excellent as well so I’d say them too.
- What is something you would like people to knw about you? ~ I always tell people that I may write dark content and have a morbid imagination…but it’s only my sense of humor that is dark and twisted…not my heart.
- Do you have a personal mantra? ~ I use 2 actually. First one, belongs to wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper. I use this when writing to keep me motivated creatively. It goes: “Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.” The other plays off of the “Methods to your Madness” phrase. It is there are Madness to my Methods. Using the former, it can be predictable in a lot of cases. Like a familiar madness. Madness to my methods sort of leaves it up in the air as to what am I going to do next?
This is a link to his WATT PAD page where you can read all of his amazing other works!
The Darkness came like black tendrils of the night
Slithering and creeping straight out of a nightmare
He came for her with his macabre smile
“Come over here my dear and sit with me awhile”
“But you scare me to death,” she said with great care
For a coldness had entered her bones
Just not from the air
It was a warm summers night
But how to stay warm when you’re filled with such fright?
“There is nothing to fear.” he said with some glee
“I can be your friend there’s no need to flee”
“What do you want she asked with trepidation?”
“Just your soul,” he said
“So that I may grow my great nation”
“My soul!” she screamed with much terror
“Yes your soul, did I speak with some error?”
“To do what with? I need it to live”
“Not really he said, its easy to give”
“What nation do you speak of”
Her eyes starting to loll
“No business of yours so dont try to be bold”
She tried to run, anything to get away
But the Darkness surrounded her
Capturing his prey
And as he took her soul from her quivering form
He laughed out loud and finished his swarm
“One day they will all be mine” they will all finally know
“That I keep what I take and I reap what I sow.”
The revenge in my heart
Is crimson and black
Even though I am perturbed
By the verb that is the word
I was revitalized by the gods that had the ichor
That drained the gore
That is the lifeblood
Not in the guise of a slasher
Just deaths ever after
Not the voodoo
That changed what I do
But the apocalyptic disembowelment
That harvest the macabre creepy pasta of what others do
From the crone to the zombie, from the witch to the cannibal
Life’s own revenge is more amenable
And on Halloween Night
The Feast of Samhain
When sanguine psychos scream out in pain
Tormented they are from their torture
And the abattoir contained
Oozing and mutilated, grotesquely vomiting
Their shudders and burning scaphism
None should know of these things
But those exhumed from the crypt or the grave
But the antagonistic ghouls and their black hearts
Experience a vicissitude under the harvest moon
Like a stabbing from a scimitar
Though I do love the night and a fool moon
How atmospheric and spooky the tune
That comes with the gloaming
And demons, and ghosts, and clowns abound
As unnerving nightmares dancing and prowling around
Chains rattling, dread teeming copious amounts
As the abomination that was the sticky prowler
Was a legend amongst the paranoid collector of souls
And possession or exorcism, we all die in the end
To where we know not but it certainly impends
But the autopsy of the visceral phobias was cadaverous
In comparison to the abhorrent rot
That was a gothic romance of a homicide
The only answer to dance
Dance in the dark void
No mercy shown, no congress given
Scream into the blackness corpse
Exhume the monstrous sinister remorse
Fore dark brains wrought
Bludgeon and poison the paranormal
Exhaust the norm
Finality is our chaos
Can not avoid the approaching storm
Dark is the scream, the eek , the fear
The uncanny massacre
Obliterating our oblivion
Savage and morbid
Disturbing the putrification of the secretor
So this ode is done
But always remember that horror is nearer
“My soul soars along the ocean
My essence floats over the seas
My spirit dances in the forest
My Id plays in the trees
The animals do not fear this mortal being
Nor do the stars in the sky
Just a shame I ceded my soul away
Now all I have left is to die.”